Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Product Review: Tea Tree Oil



http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GF1NZLY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hey loves! I was offered the opportunity to do a review on some Tea Tree oil I've received recently! And well, when I got it I was a bit spectacle with how to use it. So I did a bit of research and saw that there are a number of ways Tea Tree oil can be used! It's very reliable if you know what you are doing! When I received the bottle it was small than I was expecting but I know it'll last for awhile.

Tea Tree Oil is very strong! It's scent itself is pretty powerful. So be careful when handling it!

The only real problem is that I couldn't test it out like I had wanted to. No car, or much money to by other oils and ingredients to do different things with the oil. Which made me disappointed because there are a number of things that I wanted to test out and try. I think once I can get enough money for other stuff I'll write a test it out post that will be part two to this one here... Yea that sounds like a really good idea that I'll get ready to try soon.I can post in within a week after this post and link it. So look forward to that guys!

So since right now I don't really have much to show but the product itself I will share with you where you can buy this oil for yourself, and the different things that can be made from it.

5 ways to make use of Tea Tree oil

  1. Moisturizing Face Wash:
  • 1/4 Greek Yogurt
  • 4 drops Apothecary Extracts Tea Tree Oil
  • 2 drops of fresh lemon juice
Whisk the yogurt, lemon juice, and Tea tree oil together well in a small bowl.
Rub onto face and neck in a circular motion for at least two minutes. Rinse with warm water.

      2. Replenishing Tea Tree Oil Body Scrub:
  • 1/2 cup of raw brown sugar
  • 8 drops of Apothecary Extracts Tea Tree Oil
  •  1 tbsp. raw honey
  • 1/4 cup sesame oil
Stir all ingredients together and store in a jar.
Scoop up some with your finger tips, and rub on face, neck and body. Continue to rub the scrub in for for a few minutes, then rinse off with warm water.

      3. Silky Smooth Lip Scrub:
  •  Superfine sugar
  •  5 drops olive oil
  • 9 drops Apothecary Extracts Tea Tree Oil
  • Airtight container
  • 2 drops peppermint oil
Combine ingredients until paste forms and store into airtight container.
Rub paste over dry lips with two fingers in a circular motion, massaging for up to a minute, then wipe off with a warm damp rag or cloth.

      4. Dry Scalp Lavender Rinse:
  •  3-4 drops of Apothecary Extracts Tea Tree Oil
  • 4 cups water
  • 1/2 cup dried Lavender
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Bring water to a boil, then add Lavender and vinegar. Reduce heat to a simmer for twenty-five minutes until Lavender begins to sink. Remove from heat and add Tea Tree Oil, let cool. Strain into glass jar and store.
After shampooing your hair, shake the container to mix oil back in and pour a few handfuls over your head and work it in, making sure to massage the scalp. Leave it on for three to nine minutes before rinsing.

      5. Tea Tree Oil Burn Treatment:
  •  1 1/4 cup of olive oil
  • 1/4 oz. wormwood
  • 1/4 oz. marshmallow root
  • 1/4 oz. witch hazel bark
  • 4 oz. raw honey
  • 2 oz. beeswax 
  • 10 drops Apothecary Extract Tea Tree Oil
  • Glass or plastic storage vessel
Place olive oil, wormwood, witch hazel bark, and marshmallow root into a double boiler with the oil and simmer for 60 minutes checking frequently. Discard roots and barks from oil. Melt beeswax starting with 1 oz. at a time to make sure it doesn't get to thick and hard to work with then remove from heat. Add beeswax and infused oil and stir with a stick until blended and cooled, then add honey and tea tree oil. Transfer to a storage vessel and store in a cool dark place.
Apply directly on to sunburns, blisters, burns rashes wounds, chapped lips, and wind burned skin.
I just realized this last recipe is great for Halloween since it has some ingredients that sounds like a witch would think up and make.

I hope ya'll found today's post as interesting. If you enjoy using oils such as this you can find the Tea Tree oil here on amazon. So go on out and get it. Here's a link to Amazon if you want to order the Apothecary Extract Tea Tree Oil for yourself.
Also make sure you stop by on Facebook!

*Disclaimer:  This is a Sponsored/PR post for the Brandbacker teaming with Apothecary company, the above information is my honest opinion about the product they provided for me to review.